Electric fences solutions for your horses
We offer a variety of products and accessories to build the ideal electric fence for your horse or horses
With the perfect electric fence electrifier, conductive material, the right poles and our accessories such as handles, electric fence insulators, electric fence gates you can securely enclose your horses.
Electric fences for horses are a great way to keep your animals contained and secure.
Electric fences for horses offer a number of advantages:
- Cost-effective: are typically more affordable than traditional fencing options, such as wooden or metal fences.
- Easy to install: are relatively easy to install, and most horse owners can set them up without the need for professional assistance. .
- Versatile: can be used to contain horses in a variety of environments, including pastures, paddocks, and stables.
- Safe: are a safe and effective way to contain horses. The voltage is high enough to create a deterrent, but not so high that it causes harm to the horses.
- Customizable: can be customized to meet the specific needs of your horse and property. This allows you to create a containment system that works for you, taking into account factors such as the size and temperament of your horses, as well as the layout of your property.
There are several different types of electric fences for horses, including:
- Permanent electric fences: permanent electric fences are designed to be installed once and remain in place for many years. They are typically made of sturdy materials and are ideal for use in large pasture or paddock areas.
- Portable electric fences: portable electric fences are designed to be moved as needed, making them an excellent choice for horse owners who need to contain horses in different areas. They are typically made of lightweight materials and are easy to set up and take down.
- Temporary electric fences: temporary electric fences are designed to be used for a limited period of time and are ideal for use at horse shows, events, and other temporary horse-related activities.
When choosing an electric fence for your horse, there are several factors to consider, including:
- Property size: consider the size of your property and the area you need to contain your horse. This will help you determine the type of fence that is best for you.
- Budget: consider your budget and what you can afford to spend on an electric fence. This will help you determine the type of fence that is best for you and your horse.
- Safety: safety is of the utmost importance when it comes to containing horses, so be sure to choose a fence that is safe and secure for your horse.
- Ease of use: consider the ease of use of the electric fence, including how easy it is to install, how easy it is to use, and how easy it is to maintain.
- Customization: consider the level of customization you need for your electric fence, including the ability to adjust the fence height, add additional components, and customize the fence to meet your specific needs.
Accessories needed to built and electric fence:
- Electric fence energiser: an electric fence energiser supplies your fence with electricity. If you have access to a socket, you should use a 230V electric fence unit. If you don't have access to a socket, you can choose between a 12 V fence unit (for powerful fences) and a 9 V fence energiser (for weaker fences) or a solar powered energiser.
- Pasture fence posts: sepending on whether you want your pasture fence to be mobile or always in the same place, there are special pasture fence stakes. Stakes made of plastic or fibreglass are particularly suitable for mobile use, while pasture fence stakes made of steel or recycled material are perfect for fixed fences.
- Conductor material: the conductor material is responsible for ensuring that the electric current can flow unhindered through your pasture fence. For larger animals, wide fence tapes are ideal, while for smaller animals, a thinner fence rope will probably suffice.
- Insulators: there are special insulators for each conductor material. These insulators prevent electric current from being discharged unintentionally into the ground. Ring insulators are mainly used for strands and ropes, while tape insulators are more suitable for wider pasture fence tapes.
- Connectors: in order to connect your conductor material and thus form a continuous fence, you need suitable connectors. Your conductor material (wire, ribbon, rope or strand) determines which type of connector you need. There are special wire connectors, ribbon connectors, rope connectors and polywire connectors.
- Earthing: for safety reasons, a pasture fence must always be earthed. For this you need suitable accessories such as earthing rods, earthing cables or underground cables.
Whether you need a fence system for a temporary situation, such as a paddock area, or a permanent enclosure, electric fences can be an effective and efficient solution. Temporary electric fences are typically used for short-term grazing or rotational grazing situations. They can be easily set up and taken down, making them a great option for farmers or ranchers who need to move their animals frequently. These fences can be made with portable posts and battery-powered energizers, making them easy to move and adjust. On the other hand, permanent electric fences are designed for long-term use and are typically more robust than temporary fences. They may use metal or wooden posts that are anchored into the ground and may require a mains-powered energizer to provide the necessary voltage. Permanent electric fences are a good option for enclosing larger areas or for keeping animals contained year-round.
Your advantages at Agrarzone:
Free returns: you can return all purchaises within 30 days, and return shipping costs are our responsibility.
30-day money-back guarantee: if you're not satisfied with your electric fence unit, you can return it within 30 days and receive a full refund.
Service and advise: our profesionally trained customer service team will be happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you